Snowboarding is the ultimate personal responsibility sport. If you fall, it is your fault. If you get lost, it is your fault. If you are cold, it is your fault. If you are skiing, it is your fault!
‘The test of an adventure is that when you’re in the middle of it, you say to yourself, “Oh, now I’ve got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home.” And the sign that something’s wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure.’
So, pay attention while you are on the hill and think about the consequences of your actions.
Just because we say that Mirkwood is a great place to ski does not make it right for you. Use your brain and ski within your limits.
The Official Colorado Safety Message. Your Responsibility Code
- Safety on the slopes is everyone’s responsibility. Ski safely-not only for yourself, but for others as well.
- Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you obstruct the trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings.
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must know how to load, ride, and unload safely.
This is what the State of Colorado has to say about you and the crazy risks you take.