One of the nice things about Monarch Ski area is that it is a compact area. All of the runs funnel into the base area, so there isn’t any chance of getting stuck on the wrong side of the mountain at the end of the day, or missing your friends because the base area is too large.
Still, there are a number of buildings, restaurants and ski lifts to figure out. Here is the basic layout of the base area as seen from the parking lot. Starting from the far right, and moving left.
FROM RIGHT :
1. The Children’s Center, with the two kids lifts, Safari and Congo – sorry, children only.
2. Then several storage buildings.
3. To the left of this is outdoor the Lesson Meeting area with numbered signs.
6. The largest dark brown building is the Monarch Mountain base area lodge, inside is all the good stuff like restaurants, sport shop, restrooms, Monarch offices, guest services and Monarch Image Makers.
7. A large arch shaped tent that is used for ski groups, and has extra tables for lunch
8. Behind this are the most convenient Restrooms, 10 feet from the slopes.
9. The last building on the left is the Ski Patrol headquarters, if you are looking for an injured friend, this is where they will be.
Cool Tip – If you have all your own gear, and are ready to ski, park far to the right, walk to the right of the Lesson and Rental Center. There is a neat unofficial trail up from the parking lot that this gives you very quick access to the Breeze Way lift, and close in parking.